History of Larimore Park

History Of Larimore Park

The purchase of this 22 acre, $110,000 tract of land was authorized by ordinance in early 1960 using funds from the 1959 Bond Issue. The ballfields were completed in June 1961. Major construction began in September 1961 with a $47,675 contract. Funds from the 1959 Bond Issue were used to construct tennis courts in 1968. A new 32 car parking lot was installed in 1982. In 2003, the restroom building was remodeled to comply with ADA and sewers replaced septic tanks. Improvements were also made to the shelter. In the fall of 2007 a new basketball facility was built.